La Baleine Sea Salt Shakers - Salins du Midi
La Baleine is a naturally evaporated sea salt from France. These crystals crunch satisfyingly between your teeth and dissolves quickly. It is available in "gros" (coarse for grinding) or "fin" (fine for shaking out of a shaker).
La Baleine, Salins du Midi, a Mediterranean sea salt produced in the Aigues-Mortes saltworks, in Camargue, France since 1856. Salt has been produced on this site since before the Roman occupation. It is gathered from the salt-pan at Aigues-Mortes, a protected area covering some 10,800 hectares of untamed land, approximately the same size as inner-city Paris. On this natural site, where wildlife and flora remain untouched, salt has been gathered since Antiquity when the Roman engineer, Peccius, was in charge of production.
- Grades Available: Fine or Coarse
- Uses: Cooking, roasting, baking, meats, seafood, sauces/soups, brining
- Characteristics: Bright white crystal, Kosher
- Ingredients: Sea salt (Fine grain contains anti-caking agent)
- Product of: France
- Package Type: 26 oz Shaker or Case of twelve 26 oz Shakers (La Baleine Sea Salt is also available bulk